« Home | Staying even is worse than losing. » | Building a Bankroll »

Right on Time

I have been playing pretty good lately and playing a lot of tables. My goal has been to go up at least 2 buy-ins a day every day until I am at the stakes that I want to be playing. So far I have been able to keep right on track.

I am not that big a fan of "The Mathmatics of Poker" mostely because the information you can not really apply to the game while you are playing it. I can not calculate standard deviations in my head while I am playing poker and I don't really think more than .001% of the population can. So, the book is more or less an academic venture for me that doesn't have too much of a bearing on my play.

A book that I have been reading that has helped me out a lot is "Secrets of Professional Pot-Limit Omaha". I have only read about half of it now but it has improved my Omaha game tremendoulsy. I think that with very little practice I will be able to have a huge edge at PLO and hopefully supliment my NLH income considerably. If you are interested the PLO I recommend getting that book.