« Home | People Actually Read This Shit? » | Right on Time » | Staying even is worse than losing. » | Building a Bankroll »

Things are running...but not good.

So I have played a lot of hands this last week because my g/f has been out of town and I really didn't have anything better to do. I started out on a pretty bad downswing of 7 buy-ins and I have been struggling and sort of breaking even since then. I did go back up the 7 buy-ins and I am finally up for the week, but it has been rough.

I railed one of my friends friends yesterday at 2/4NL and it really opened my eyes to some of the different things that a really good player is thinking about during a hand and also how to become a better player. I think I was focusing too much on what other players were doing to be "good" players and not enough on things that I should be doing to be a good player.

That being said I have started to write my own poker book. I don't think I will ever try to publish it or anything but I thought that I should write out all my thoughts on the game. I wrote about 10 pages today when I was at a cafe and then came back and I seemed to do much better at the tables. Just thinking about the game and what I can do to play better and to have optimum strategy against certian types of players I think is the key to becoming one of the greats.

The thing is though, I don't want to be one of the greats. I just want to make enough money to fill a swimming pool.