« Home | On the Up and Up » | I hate poker. » | 200NL treating me well. » | Things are running...but not good. » | People Actually Read This Shit? » | Right on Time » | Staying even is worse than losing. » | Building a Bankroll »

Running Poorly

I have been running poorly for the last week or so. Not really losing a lot of money but not winning either. It has been very frustrating. Right when I start to go up I run KK into AA or something similiar. I am really in need of a long winning streak to boost my confidence again. Over the last 10K hands of 100NL I have played I have been running at 5.43 ptbb/100 which is good, but at 200NL I am running at -6.45 ptbb/100 so it has really evened out. I guess all I can do is keep grinding away.

This was an interesting hand that came up in a session earlier tonight and would love to hear your comments on it http://www.pokerhand.org/?845071. The villian in the hand was 24 vp$ip and 14 pfr. He played the flop very aggressivly but tended to be a lot more passive on the turn and the river. I really didn't think that he could bet the river without having at the very least a set so I would have dumped had he pushed. What do you think of my line other than that?

The dealing job is going well. I don't really like it but it is nice to have some extra money other than my poker winnings (which have been scarce lately). Hopefully within a year or so I will be making enough off of my poker that I can feel comfortable not having a back up plan. But until then, I think the job is probably a good idea and at least it is poker related. Peace.

Decerto -- Nice blog; I've actually played with you on FTP when I was there at $50NL.

With regards to the hand you played, I'd play this differently regarding the type of player; sometimes I'd check the turn, sometimes I'd lead and 2nd barrel it. I think if you check, it's decently weak-tight if you fold in that spot on the turn. However, if you're planning on calling a 3/4 size bet on the river (especially with how you've modeled the player) regardless of the card. As it came, I think the villain would have done well to fire hard there. He's folding out a ton of hands.

If you'd lead the turn, I think you need to be prepared to check fold to a decent sized bet on the river to a turn call. Otherwise, I'd pay off a smaller type of bet.

Keep in mind that I'm only at $100NL, so take these thoughts with a grain of salt! Interesting hand though.

You'll get through the downswing. GL to you.

Post a Comment