« Home | The Gambler » | Not a whole lot of playing lately... » | Running Poorly » | On the Up and Up » | I hate poker. » | 200NL treating me well. » | Things are running...but not good. » | People Actually Read This Shit? » | Right on Time » | Staying even is worse than losing. »

Running Bad/Bankroll Management.

Well I have been running bad again and I think a lot of it has to do with the way that I have been managing my bankroll. I get so frustrated with still being at the lower levels of online poker that I take shots at the higher buy-ins. I feel that I am good enough to beat 400NL but I do not have the bankroll to make it happen. I run poorly in one session and then I have to drop down to 200NL and I am no longer playing my best because I am chasing loses from the 400NL session.

So, as difficult as it is for me I am going to set BR requirements to play specific levels. For the lower levels I do not think I need a 30 buy-in bankroll because I feel I am way better than the compitition. So, here it goes. I am going to stick to the following requirements no matter what;

$100-$4000 = 100NL
$4001-$12000 = 200NL
$12001-$18000 = 400NL
18001-$30000 = 600NL
30001+ = 1000NL

I think that this is about a six month project to achieve a 30K bankroll. I really feel with concrete bankroll requirements I will have a much easier time climbing the ranks.